About this role:
This role is based in Dubai and you would be a key hire for Studio HBA. We are looking to establish a new team and calling for an experienced designer who is ready to take a step up, build and manage his/ her own team and grow business in the EMEA region.
As a Studio Director specializing in ARCHITECTURE AND INTERIORS of hospitality design, you will lead and oversee the design process from concept to completion, ensuring exceptional quality and creativity in every project and also help with developing business in EMEA Region. Your expertise and passion for creating captivating, functional, and inviting spaces will be instrumental in shaping the guest experience within hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality venues. You are expected to be client facing and hold responsibilities from design pitches, presentations, business development and day-to-day project management.
- Conceptualization and development of ARCHITECTURE AND INTERIOR DESIGN concepts that align with the client's vision and project goals.
- Develop architectural master plans, mood boards, sketches, and design proposals to convey your ideas effectively.
- Lead the design team to bring concepts to life through detailed design development and space planning.
- Actively developing new client relationships in the EMEA region to help Studio HBA growing its presence in this region.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by understanding their needs and ensuring that design solutions meet and exceed their expectations.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest industry trends, products, and sustainable design practices.
We promise you a career in the world of luxury design as you would be working in the hospitality design firm that is ranked No.1 in the world. You would expect to work with the best and develop your skills and career along the way. That is why we are also looking to recruit the most talented in the industry to join us!
Below are the minimum qualifications that we expect from you:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture
- 15+ years of experience in hospitality projects (masterplanning, architecture & interior)
- A portfolio of previous project experience in hospitality masterplanning, architecture & interior design.
- Track record and proven experience in developing, managing and nurturing a team of designers.
- Track record of building a business
- Related project experience in the Middle East is compulsory
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AutoCAD, Revit (preferred but not compulsory)
- Fluent in English
To be successful in the role you should also have:
- Strong conceptualization and presentation skills
- Strong sense of design flair and love of art
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to meet tight project deadlines
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A portfolio showcasing a diverse range of hospitality design projects.
- Collaborative and enjoy working in team environments
- Good communication skills
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to embark on a fruitful career of luxury hospitality design with us?
If the answer is yes, simply send us your CV and design portfolio (in PDF format less than 15MB). We are only interested in your best projects so be selective and make sure you convey your artistic sense as a designer through the portfolio too!
Don’t forget to connect and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram and WeChat. Remember to check our career page from time to time to get the latest updates on job opportunities with HBA!